S2, Ep. 10 - 5 Essential Things About St. Augustine
August 13, 2020
Saint Augustine of Hippo (354 to 430 A.D.) is one of the most important theologians in the history of Christendom.
In this episode of The Greater Heritage Podcast we take a high-level look at 5 Essential Things About his life and teachings, including…
- The high value he placed on friendship and relationship.
- His acute self-awareness and introspection and their role in the first modern autobiography Confessions.
- His emphasis on government as ordained by God and as a curb to human evil as seen most notably in The City of God.
- His popularizing of the doctrine of predestination and its implications for the church and for human history.
- His thirst for knowledge, and how he applied classical learning to Biblical scholarship.
Intro and outro music provided by Five Minute Plan. Be sure to visit their site today!